Friday, April 25, 2008

Some Times You Just Have to Smile

A tender hearted friend of mine found a stray labradoodle pup in the parking lot of a grocery store. Worried that the little guy would be hit by a car she scooped him up and took him home. After receiving no responses from her lost/found postings she agonized about what to do with him. She already has two very active dogs of her own and wasn't quite sure if she could support a third. She finally found a placement for him at Atlanta Pet Rescue but continued to watch for adoption status every day.

As far as whether she made the right decision about what to do with the little guy, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Below is the picture of the pup with his new adopted owner.


6 comments:

Eric K. said...

Yay! I love hearing about pet-rescue success stories. I'm really excited about the prospects of a Boxer rescue program that can create more smiles like this!

Thanks for sharing. A great way to kick off the weekend!

Laura said...

Oh, I'm glad to know he found a new home. I would have probably taken him. I really want a labadoodle - although I really don't NEED one now!

boxercab said...

Yay! I'm so glad he found a good home! I got Bruno from APR. :)

Cheryl said...

Good story!! I'm betting that was a lost dog (i.e. not abandoned) because Labradoodles are very expensive!! People don't usually get one and then just let them go.

So glad to hear everything turned out well!!

DONNA said...

My friend knew that the dog was about a grand but there was no responses to ads or postings in the area. Unfortunetly the little guy did not have a collar and was not chipped. I'm glad Sofia is chipped!

D said...

Yay!! How cute!!!

Laura, you need a boxer, not a labradoodle!