Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Confession

It started years ago in the shower while living with an old boyfriend. Desperately trying to get ready for work I was running through my shower tasks and there it was. At least 4 or 5 inches long and just my size. The weight was beautiful in my hand without being too heavy. The color wasn't barbie pink or sunshine yellow either, it was, well, manly, which gave it an even more dark and mysterious allure. I just couldn't resist it any more and I finally snatched up my boyfriend's razor and proceeded to use it to shave my legs. With much exhilaration I shaved long strokes until each stubble was turned effortlessly into smooth bare skin. I had cleanliness envy.

The habit started small, just once in a blue moon. But I just couldn't resist the perfectly smooth shaves I got from his razor. Then one day my boyfriend stomped out of the shower with little pieces of bloody toilet paper stuck to his face with the look of death and I really couldn't blame him. After several months of this he got pretty tired of his shredded hamburger face so he found the solution. He bought me one of my very own.

Over the years I've watched the evolution of men's razor's and I even got a free sample of the new Gillette 5 blade razor. I can't say for sure if adding razor blades makes my shave any smoother but just the site of that mac daddy shaver had its merits in owning one. Because the 5 blades makes it more expensive I'll probably just stick to my old 2 blade shaver but it was fun to try out the new model and I just had to smile at the motto on the box "The Best A Man Can Be".

5 comments:

boxercab said...

Wow, you had me going there in the first paragraph. Whew!

Men's razors are totally made better. I use disposables that are made better than the women's *and* they're cheaper. Go figure!

Eric K. said...

Yah gotta love tools, regardless of their style!!!!
I have a couple of spots on my face and neck that bleed every time I use a razor, regardless of how many blades or pivots or slide strips the razor might have. So I stick to an electric shaver. But, I've heard that if you dry the blades of the razor after you're finished (using a hair dryer - assuming that's in the routine after the shower), your blades will last at least 2-3 times longer. If you don't dry the blade, the residual moisture will cause electrolytic corrosion of the thin blade edge, which 'wears' out the blade. Try it for yourself!

Cara said...

I think I heard the "dry your razor" tip repeated on Clark Howard. Too bad I'm too lazy to try it.

DONNA said...

Hey I didn't know that about drying your razor. Cool!!

D said...

I think men's razors shave much better too. I have been using the Gillette Mach 3 for years. I've never heard that about drying the blades though.