Saturday, September 29, 2007

You Know You're a Harry Potter Fan When

You mutter nonsense Latin words under your breath.

Your computer says "You've Got Mail" and you run outside looking for an owl.

You actually ask for a broom for Christmas.

You mutter "lumos" under your breath every time you turn on a light.

You sort everyone you meet into the four Hogwarts houses (Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin).

You were burned when you couldn't get through the flames of your fireplace.

You had to go to the hospital after you broke your nose running headfirst into the wall between platforms nine and ten.

Before getting up to get something, you always try to summon it first. Accio TV remote!

You watched "Love, Actually" because two minor Harry Potter actors were in it.

You were reduced to tears when you finally had Book 5 in your hands.

You refer to your Chemistry class as Potions.

You spend hours tapping bricks in special orders, hoping that a secret entrance to Diagon Alley will appear.

When playing chess, you yell orders to the chess players and get upset when they don't move.

You yell into the "fellytone."

You say "wicked" all the time because Rupert Grint does.

You get thoroughly overexcited every time you see a word somewhere that is distantly linked with HP (ie. Saint Hedwig's).

You refer to Voldemort as "You-Know-Who", and no one has any idea who you're talking about.

You were kicked out of the movie theater for standing on your chair, throwing your shoe at the screen and yelling "THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN IN THE BOOK!"

You count the days until you're old enough for your Apparation license, and everyone else thinks you're talking about driving.

My Own:

Instead of saying "Goodbye" when ending a call to my family I say " I'm going to disapparate now" and they have no idea what I'm talking about.

I started using the word "filch" in sentences i.e. "Hey, you filched that french fry from me!"

When someone points out typos to me at work I say "Well what can you expect from a mere muggle?"

When someone teases me i.e. "That pool shot looked like something my granny would make!" I respond with "How very Snape-like of you to say".

Anybody have any?

5 comments:

D said...

This clearly runs in my family. I was talking to my mom on the phone one day when they were hunting a set of keys they had lost and I heard my dad in the background holler "Accio keys!" They also called me from the beach one day to tell me about the bizarre outfit some woman was wearing and said they could have sworn it was Mrs. Weasley.

So don't even wonder why I'm this way... :)

My computer was acting up this afternoon and I ended up starting it up with a command line interface to fix it. It crossed my mind to type "reparo" onto the screen.

I've also been known to shake my head in disgust at a situation and mutter, "Muggles... tsk."

Eric K. said...

I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what any of this means! I feel so inferior... :) Almost makes me want to throw "You might be a NASCAR fan when" up on the blog just to counter.

Cheryl said...

I'm a Muggle, so I can't speak Potterese. :)

Laura said...

You are glad to see the Harry Potter throw is clean and move it upstairs for easy access.

DONNA said...

He...he...he..

Good ones (still sniggling)